Senior Architectural Technologist
Senior Architectural Technologist
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Zwicker Zareski Architecture + Planning (ZZap) to recruit a Senior Architectural Technologist to join their team in downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Established in 2018, ZZap integrates into property owners’ and developers’ operations as a strategic design partner during early site conceptualization to optimize development potential and design quality for Urban and Suburban sites. With over 40 years of combined industry experience, ZZap’s founders believe that the fusion of architecture and planning that listens to ‘the place’ and builds consensus through authentic and meaningful engagement results in distinct projects that are embraced by the communities they serve. Quickly building a reputation as a primary integrated firm in Atlantic Canada for planning, land development, real estate development and building design.
As a Senior Technologist, you’ll mentor a talented and dedicated team of professionals ensuring production quality and construction methods are held to the highest standards. Using your honed production skills, you’ll prepare working and detail drawings while owning complex projects from start to finish. By joining the ZZap team you will be part of a fun, transparent and entrepreneurial organization that focuses on results and not a clock. You will be given the autonomy and resources needed to be successful and create the best results for your clients. This is an opportunity to work on exciting and creative projects that will shape a city for years to come. In return for the skillset and expertise you bring you will be given a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide oversight and mentor production team on internal document quality control as well as coordinate with other external sub-consultant teams.
- Work on projects from rezoning to building permit stage including concept design, presentation drawings, renderings, design development and documentation.
- Offer building science and construction methodologies expertise to create innovative solutions to complex design challenges.
- Preparation of working drawings and detail drawings for all projects including drawings for tender, detailing, and construction documentation through to deliverables issued for development and building permit, using various drafting technologies.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you enjoy an open office environment with a team focused and collaborative culture. As a natural teacher and mentor, you appreciate passing your knowledge on to those that are striving to be the best technical professional they can be. And you also have the technical expertise and production skills to create amazing looking drawings.
- 10+ years of experience as an Architectural Technologist along with post-secondary education in a recognized technical or architectural program.
- In depth knowledge of the design process, building science and construction documentation required for a variety of building types including mixed-use residential and institutional.
- Demonstrated experience creating working and detail drawings and 3D models using Revit, Sketchup and AutoCAD.
- Proven experience mentoring and overseeing work of more junior staff ensuring accuracy and quality standards.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email