Reference # HL-13675
Within their industry, our client is known for operating a leading facility. They are located in the beautiful community of Hantsport, NS and are part of a family of extremely well established and respected organizations. They are looking for a highly motivated Financial Analyst to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced accounting professional to join a successful and expanding organization.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Financial Analyst will prioritize; coordinate and manage multiple activities; thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and accuracy. We are looking for someone who has experience and knowledge in general accounting procedures.
Responsibilities, among others will include:
- Preparing journal and month end entries and bank reconciliations.
- Preparing and analysis of monthly costing, and management reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year end reports and financial statements.
- Occasional processing of payroll and other support duties as required.
- Assisting with internal and external audits.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business; someone enrolled in or who wishes to pursue a CPA designation would be an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, and proven advanced Excel skills (pivot tables & advanced formulas).
- Experience with Sage 300 considered an asset.
We are looking for someone who has the proven drive and motivation to continually ensure the integrity of financial reporting. Our client is an equal opportunity employer, who offers competitive salary and opportunity for long-term professional development and career growth. Strong work ethic coupled with self-motivation are crucial qualities to succeed in this role. If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.424.1117
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email