Technical Project Lead
Technical Project Lead
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reference # JG-13566
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BF&M, a leading insurance provider with operations in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean, to recruit for their Technical Project Lead in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
BF&M takes great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
The Technical Project Lead will be responsible to coordinate and plan the technical implementation and testing for a variety of projects, with the initial primary focus on leading the technical implementation for the IFRS 17 standards. Working with both internal teams and external consultants, the position will project manage software and hardware implementations, spanning all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accountable to manage projects, including the scope, budget and plan.
- Draft and manage project charter, plan and budget, including change requests and dependencies with other project(s).
- Manage risks, actions, issues, decisions and appropriate logs.
- Document and present status updates to the Program Leads for the Steering Committee and leadership teams as dictated by program governance.
- Manage all IT project resources and ensure the right resources attend relevant sessions/meetings.
- Manage project communication to all stakeholders.
- 8-10 years of program management or project management experience.
- Previous experience as a business analyst is an asset.
- An undergraduate degree or the equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of and experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of project governance – risk and issue management, resource management, management of schedule and budget, stakeholder management, project reporting and project communications.
- Experience in leading complex solution implementations.
- Knowledge of insurance, finance, accounting (particularly IFRS 17 standard) is an asset.
- Experience in managing both internal and external teams, monitoring progress and fostering an effective working environment; ability to work effectively with third party system integrators.
- Ability to learn organizational structures, existing business & IT processes.
- Skilled in the use of standard and agile project management tools and standard office productivity tools.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902-421-1214
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email