Reference# TP- 13546
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with a reputable high-end residential renovation and home builder in Hopkinton, MA. Our client, who has been in the business for over three decades, is seeking an eager accountant to support in the accounting division with ongoing operations.
The staff accountant is a detailed oriented individual who assists with the accurate and timely posting of GL transactions related to A/R, A/P and Cash. This position will also be responsible for Company HR ensuring accurate and confidential transfer of information and will maintain ongoing balance sheet and payroll reconciliations. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Director of Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide analysis of monthly operating expenses, maintain accounting schedules and prepare month end close
• Support the Director of Finance with ongoing accounting operations, ad-hoc reporting, annual budgeting, and policy implementation
• Input appropriate budget information into system using the cost code structure in accordance with the Account Executive and Project Manager
• Maintain project-related records including contracts, change orders, subcontracts, sub-contractor insurance verification.
• Maintain a full working knowledge of all project budgets, contingency and profitability
• Initial review of bi-weekly job cost reports, and report to Director of Finance on project profitability
• Administer all aspects of customer billings
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding, change orders, approvals, and any other additional services related to billing to maximize project efficiency
• Prepare Owner invoice in accordance with Owner contract requirements, confer with account receivable staff regarding unpaid contract billings
• Manage the billing schedule, interfacing with the Project Managers for timely delivery
• Invoice all clients progress billing in AIA and other formats
• Construct Time and Material billings and issue invoices
• Maintain job and customer aging and reporting in the AR and Job sub ledger
• Manage retention receivable and prepayments for customer accounts
• Ensure timely collections and an accurate collection forecast
• Make daily check deposit to bank via electronic deposit
• Manage of Lien Waivers
• Create Job Cost reporting
• Process weekly payroll through 3rd party payroll company
• Record the payroll in the General Ledger Payroll sub ledger/module
• Administer all employee benefit programs, including insurance renewals
• Maintain policies and procedures to include items such as: Employee manuals, updates, compliance law, onboarding/termination, EE maintenance, vacation tracking and other essential HR activities for compliance.
• Communicate with project managers, clients, trade partners and other team members in a highly collaborative environment
• Oversee accounts payable staff and manage AP retention in accordance with vendor contracts
• Review contracts related to operational items (phone, IT, supplies, and general operations).
• General administrative and related duties
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Strong organizational, strategic and critical thinking skills
• Must be detail oriented with strong data entry skills, speed and accuracy
• Self-directed and self-motivated individual with strong collaboration orientation
• Experience or interest in system implementations a plus
• Experience with Procore a plus
• Familiarity with AIA contracts a plus
• Familiarity with construction industry or percentage of completion and Work in Progress reporting a plus
To express interest in this, please apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
For more information contact Aaron Hodgson, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 617-341-8228
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email