Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Reference # AC-13539
Our client, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager to join their Client Relations & Marketing department in their Toronto office.
The successful candidate will provide business development expertise and support to assigned portfolios, with the objective of improving the Firm’s revenue, profit and overall profile in the marketplace. In this role, the Business Development Manager works closely with Partners and Associates across all offices and the national Client Relations and Marketing team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Business Planning – Coaching and supporting assigned lawyers on personal business planning, targeting strategies and related execution
- Research – Conducting complex research and analysis to consider and drive strategic change (i.e. revenue increase or new revenue streams) for both assigned portfolio(s) and/or new concepts/business opportunities, including multi-disciplinary opportunities
- Delivering results of research and working with the Business Intelligence team to continuously improve scope and utility of data and information
- Business Evaluations – Developing both quantitative and qualitative analytics to review and support marketing/BD expenditure and investment. This includes profitability, brand and experience awareness, and other dimensions to support continuous improvement in leveraging investment for optimal return
- New Business RFP and Pitches – Working collaboratively with lawyers and the Proposal and Pricing teams to customize content, develop pricing models and assist in preparing legal teams for pitches. The BD Manager is also accountable for the development of the pitch strategy, drafting information packages and other client pitch and proposal materials
- Rankings and Submissions – Leading the planning and preparation for key directory and award submissions. Working in collaboration with Firm leadership to ensure submissions and ranking outcomes are optimized
- Industry Associations – Developing plans and itineraries for assigned associations
- Events – Working in partnership with the events team, responsible for the conception, planning and delivery of strategic events
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent is required
- Minimum of five to eight years of BD/marketing experience working as a Specialist or similar role
- Bilingual capability is an asset
- Strong Client Service Orientation – understanding of Firm strategic objectives to ensure appropriate and responsive service is provided
- Strong Business Acumen – understanding of Firm economic model to develop business case for new investments or initiatives and proactively researches and addresses broader risks and opportunities resulting from key changes in the markets of assigned portfolio
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong presentation skills
- Coaching – ability to provide sound guidance and expertise to a variety of stakeholders at all levels as well as team members
- Interpersonal Skills – supported by a foundation of patience, tact, confidence and the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Adaptability – ability to adapt to multiple areas of law and various demands, deployable to any portfolio within the Firm as needed
- Creative Thinking – ability to share and embrace new ideas as well as to consider creative solutions to challenges or barriers
- Collaboration – proactively engages and coordinates across other administrative departments, leadership and practice groups in delivering on key strategies and initiatives
- Technology – strong proficiency with technology, and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies as required
The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures. They provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at email@example.com and 647-336-1416 or Holly Green, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and 647-480-1709.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email