Bilingual Communications Director
Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City
Reference # AC-13538
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client, a global business law firm, to recruit a Bilingual Communications Director to join their Global Communications and Marketing Team, and Canadian Clients & Marketing team. The firm has more than 3500 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities worldwide.
The Communications Director is responsible for developing and overseeing an integrated communications strategy and communications program. This role involves managing the firms internal and external communications teams as well as the content team activities across their Canadian operations. Specifically, this includes internal communications, digital communications, media relations, and standard content. Ideally the successful candidate will have a background in communications, journalism, and editorial or public relations, and have experience in professional services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a program of communication activities that supports business development and marketing plans in collaboration with the partnership and Chief Client Services Officer.
- Leading a team to ensure steady pipeline of communications initiatives, delivering presentations and facilitating learning sessions.
- Development of national crisis communications plans and social media strategy, and management of national publishing calendar.
- Manage a team to build and maintain relationships with key media outlets (legal, trade, and business journalists).
- As key issues arise, arrange media briefings to diffuse situations and strengthen positive press coverage.
- Develop Canadian communications programs to support global programs and promote the firm’s Canadian offerings globally.
- Create and develop intranet messages, executive emails, executive speaking points, internal newsletters and other internal communications to assist in roll outs of initiatives and national campaigns.
- Oversee Canadian web page content in collaboration with digital team and promote web content through social media.
- Provide communications and editorial support on client briefings, and ensure these communications are distributed on various communication platforms.
- Work with Clients & Markets team to manage updates on all standard content and ensure the seamless flow of standard content across all channels.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant experience in communications and media relations.
- Experience in formal strategic communications function.
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken).
- Strong management of people and teams, crisis communication experience and strategy.
- Experienced overseeing internal communications, external media, and issue management required.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication & writing skills, and strong understanding of social media strategies.
- Experienced at delivering integrated communications tactics to larger and more specific target audiences.
- Ability to manage pressure and tight timelines.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, martial status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at email@example.com and 647-336-1416
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email