Halifax/Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Reference # HL-13536
Our client, High Liner Foods, has one of the world’s foremost frozen seafood brands for taste and quality. As one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s top employers they are an innovator in the development of delicious, healthy and convenient products for retail, private label and wholesale distribution. High Liner Foods is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join their team in their Halifax, or Lunenburg location.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Payroll Coordinator will work very closely with Human Resources to prepare Canadian bi-weekly payroll, process time and attendance for Lunenburg operations, and transmit payroll entries in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that a tight payroll timeline is met. This is a great opportunity for an experienced payroll professional.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Administrating and maintaining plant time and attendance systems in all aspects related to security, shifts, union contract changes and ensuring that the time and attendance and payroll systems have consistent payroll information.
- Setting up and training new coaches/supervisors on the time and attendance system for payroll purposes.
- Balancing, verifying and remitting government payroll remittances as well as other employee deductions.
- Ensuring timely and accurate year-end payroll, employee T4s and entry of vacation entitlements into Ultipro.
- Preparing ROE and HRDC forms for all Canadian employees, ensuring information is done accurately and filed on a timely basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years related payroll administration experience.
- Self-starter attitude coupled with confidence and demonstrated initiative to perform duties with limited supervision.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound decision-making abilities and ability to recognize and use discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent systems skill, with high rate of speed and accuracy using: Excel, Word, Ceridian, E1, ROE Web, Ultipro, AP Link, JP Morgan, Lotus Notes.
- Organized, flexible, detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.424.1117
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email