Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
Reference # HL-13533
Our client’s business has grown from a family business into a diversified and dynamic group of companies spanning from Eastern Canada into the US. Today they are among the largest organizations of their kind in Atlantic Canada and continue to grow.
We are looking for a long term contract Accounts Payable Clerk (AP Clerk) to join their dynamic team in Halifax, NS.
As a member of the finance team, the AP Clerkwill possess a keen ability to focus on details and accuracy. Highly organized, able to prioritize and master the art of managing multiple tasks and requests with ease are key aspects in this role. The AP Clerk is someone who: feels successful when completing a task on time, efficiently and correctly; is able to work well within a team; can engage internal clients; and can provide support in a positive and engaging manner. We are looking for an excellent team player. Key responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing multiple accounts payable sub ledgers
- Process and code invoices and match with purchase orders
- Manage approval process for invoices, cheque requests and online payments
- Ensure timely payment of approved invoices
- Balance supplier statements
- Maintain up-to-date filing system
- Manage construction contract files
- Other related financial duties as required
The ideal candidate with have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an accounts payable/receivable or similar position
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
- Understanding of basic accounting is an asset
- Intermediate to advanced system skills (accounting software and MS Office)
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proven track record of working effectively with a team supporting internal clients
We are looking for someone with an exceptional work ethic and who is able to pivot often. Adaptable, positive, with a can-do attitude are a few key attributes in this role. We are looking for someone who likes to meet and exceed their goals, is supportive and team focused. If you are open to a long-term contract and this sounds like you, Let’s Connect!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner or Jason Ozon, Consultant at email@example.com
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email