Reference # HL-13523
Our client’s business has grown from a family business into a diversified and dynamic group of companies spanning from Eastern Canada into the US. Today they are among the largest organizations of their kind in Atlantic Canada and continue to grow. We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their dynamic team in Halifax, NS.
As a member of the financial team, the Senior Accountant will have a keen ability to focus on details and accuracy. Highly organized, able to prioritize and adept at managing multiple tasks and requests are key attributes in this role. The Senior Accountant will provide accurate and timely financial analysis to ensure the organization has the best information to assist with strategical decision making. Supporting the Controller, this role will help produce the month, quarter and years ends; financial reporting and general ledgers; and assist with forecasting and budgeting activities.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining multiple general ledgers
- Transaction review and coding
- Compiling working papers for review
- Financial statement preparation
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Project cost analysis as required
- Interacting with auditors and preparation of year-end audit files
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial reporting
- Advanced systems skills (accounting software and MS Office, particularly Excel)
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment, multi-task, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work on projects both collaboratively and independently
- Exceptional integrity and professionalism
We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work ethic, and who feels successful when a task is completed on time, efficiently and correctly. A can-do attitude, with a positive engaging manner is important in this role. We are looking for a team player who people want to work with. This is one of the best opportunities to hone your technical skills and we are looking for a self-starter who wants to meet and exceed their goals. If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking Apply Now below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.424.1117.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email