Reference # AM-13486
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Mosher Engineering to recruit a Project Manager to join their team in Halifax, NS.
Mosher Engineering is a contracting firm specializing in mechanical, heavy civil and building construction projects. Since 1991 they have been providing quality service for their clients, working on a wide range of projects, from government commercial buildings and public housing to earthworks and tank farms. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, they have a sizeable operation in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, as well as projects throughout Nunavut, the NWT and Labrador. Mosher Engineering is currently looking for a Project Manager to join their team in Halifax focused on commercial construction projects. This role will be based in Halifax and have limited travel.
As a Project Manager at Mosher Engineering, you will be joining a team that is passionate about the work they do. You will be given the opportunity to gain valuable experience working on a variety of projects and the autonomy to lead these projects to successful completion. In return for the skill set you bring to the team; you will be provided with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading projects from planning through to completion.
- Preparation of estimates, material take offs, preparation of tender submissions, scheduling, shop drawing submissions, material procurement, logistics, project supervision and progress claims.
- Management of the project budget, obtaining quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Providing oversight and leadership to project teams, reviewing their deliverables and giving guidance, coaching and mentorship as required.
- Preparation of operations and maintenance manuals.
- Play an active role in the company’s safety program.
This opportunity might be the right fit if you are a collaborative team player that is a detail and logistics ace. You are a forward-thinking professional who can operate at both a high and granular level. We are looking for an individual who is interested in fostering organizational growth, is passionate about their work, and possesses the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience as a Project Manager on commercial or multi-unit residential building projects.
- Leadership of construction projects from beginning to end; from preliminary planning and design through construction to occupancy.
- Strong technical knowledge of multi-unit residential and commercial construction.
- Excellent project management, scheduling, budgeting, tendering, and contract administration skills.
- Completion of Civil Engineering Technology (CET) or another engineering program would be considered a strong asset.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at (902) 424-1103 and email@example.com or Emma Wach, Recruitment Specialist, at (902) 424-1104 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email