Senior Civil / Water Resource Engineer
Senior Civil / Water Resource Engineer
Fredericton, NB or Halifax, NS
Reference # AM-13459
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with GEMTEC, a leading multidisciplinary engineering firm, to recruit a Senior Civil / Water Resource Engineer for their Fredericton, Moncton, or Halifax office.
As an employee-owned business for over 30 years, GEMTEC believes their success comes from the strong technical expertise and experience their employees bring, which enables them to provide their clients with cost-effective and innovative solutions. GEMTEC has enjoyed an increase in dam and hydrotechnical projects as well as steady growth across other markets and are currently looking for a Senior Civil / Water Resource Engineer to join their team.
By joining the team at GEMTEC you will be part of an employee-owned company that values the hard work it takes to become an industry leader. You will be given the flexibility and resources needed to be successful and create the right solutions for your clients and be able to see the impact you have on the projects and watch your contributions come to life. In return for the skillset you bring you will be given a competitive compensation and benefits package. As a Senior Civil / Water Resource Engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead projects from start to finish. You will build relationships with clients, consultants and contractors through your excellence in work.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Performing Dam Safety Reviews and Flood Studies
• Assisting with design services
• Carrying out geotechnical and/or hydrotechnical analysis of dams and other civil infrastructure such as bridges, roadways, railways, buildings, etc
• Preparation of proposals, reports, drawings and specifications
• Managing projects from concept to construction
• Geotechnical investigations and/or hydrotechnical studies
With a minimum of 8 years of experience in civil engineering, in particular experience in dams and hydrotechnical engineering projects, you have proven your project management and technical skills. You are an engineer experienced in the design and evaluation of water and/or tailings retaining structures. You also have excellent communication and collaborative skills that make you effective at building internal and external relationships. We are looking for an individual who is interested in fostering organizational growth, is passionate about their work, and possesses the following qualifications:
• Currently registered or have the ability to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in civil or geological engineering from an accredited University
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven project management and technical skills
• Experience with the analysis and design requirements of the CDA Dam Safety Guidelines
• Experience with Dam Safety Reviews and Flood Studies in accordance with CDA Guidelines
• Experience with geotechnical and/or hydrotechnical numerical modelling (e.g. Slope/W; Seep/W; HEC-HMS; HEC-RAS; etc.)
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma Wach, Recruitment Specialist, at 902-424-1104 and email@example.com .
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email