Reference # HL-13408
We are working on an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Manager to join our client, Westwood Developments. Westwood Developments is a rapidly growing, multi-faceted organization involved in commercial and residential land development, acquisitions, construction and property management and are a huge contributor in transforming the landscape of our city. If you are looking to be part of a growing company and work in a sleek, modern, and evolving environment in the heart of downtown Halifax this is the opportunity for you.
This is a great opportunity for someone with public practice experience with a focus in construction, or someone who has construction industry experience. Reporting directly to the Controller, the Accounting Manager is responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly reporting to both the Controller and senior management, reviewing and reconciling monthly progress billing from general contractors and subtrades, and the creation and management of purchase orders.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Maintenance of contractor filing system
- Use of the Yardi job cost module for creating and tracking projects
- Coding and entering accounts payable invoices, cheque requisitions and budgets
- Tracking of subcontracting holdback amounts
- Preparing, reviewing and analyzing cost variances with construction manager
- Recording all property acquisitions, parcel sales and property dispositions on a timely basis and participating in the due diligence and statement of adjustment phases
- Closing out sold and completed projects within the Yardi system
- Additional responsibilities and participation in special projects as needs arise
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation
- A minimum of two (2) years’ related experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Yardi software is an asset
This is a great opportunity to make a move to an organization at the forefront of their industry. If this sounds like you apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email