Reference # AC-13388
Our client has been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada for over 75 years. They are dedicated to giving back to the communities where they live and work, and to ensuring their employees thrive in their collaborative culture.
Our client, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, is looking for a Group Underwriter to aid their Group Underwriting team in achieving their targets in group health, life, and disability income lines of business.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinking who has excellent judgment and decision-making skills. Through years of experience they will have acquired a high level of attention to detail and strong analytical abilities. To be successful in this role the chosen candidate will enjoy working and mentoring a small team in a fast-paced environment.
- Establishment of renewal pricing which includes analysis of experience/trend to justify the reasons behind the renewal and to recommend pricing alternates. This also encompasses responding to client inquiries relating to pricing and experience
- Establishment of rates for new group business and respond to financial questions within the specifications
- Prepare financial statements for ASO and Retention groups in accordance with financial agreements
- Draft and update financial agreements
- Ensuring underwriting targets are met for growth and profitability
- Development and ongoing maintenance of direct relationships with clients and producers
- Continuous dealings with internal sales staff and other internal customers (ie: Case Management, Group Admin), the agent/broker/consultant network and policyholders.
- Post-secondary education in the field of business administration, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or computer science.
- Enjoy working in a team-based environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-directed with high levels of personal accountability and responsibility
- Excellent reasoning, judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent Time-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment involving multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong negotiation skills.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" Button below.
For more information contact Holly Green at email@example.com or 647-480-1709 or Adam Creaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email