Director Of Taxation
Director of Taxation
Reference # HL-13385
HanMac Capital is one of the region’s most prominent family-owned investment companies. HanMac’s management team invests in private equity, marketable securities, hedge funds, and real estate. The team also manages the financial affairs of the family. We are looking for a Director of Taxation to join this dynamic organization. Reporting to the CEO, this role will interact frequently with the portfolio companies and will lead all tax compliance and planning activities for the family and its investments, including private equity portfolio companies.
Responsibilities, among others, will include:
- Primary responsibility for overseeing and managing the preparation and filing of income tax returns (corporate, trusts, and individuals) and commodity tax filings
- Responsible for managing tax installments, tax returns and related matters
- Maintaining a compliance checklist including audit status, statutory tax rates, and tax return due dates
- Ensuring the appropriate documentation is created and maintained to support tax filing positions
- Preparing and reviewing the annual and quarterly tax provisions and financial statement disclosures to ensure compliance with respective accounting standards
- Managing external tax provision audits
- Monitoring changing tax legislation
- Personal and estate tax planning to ensure the family’s long-term estate plan remains up to date
- Ensuring the family’s investments are held in a structure that meets its long-term financial plan and objectives
- Providing tax support and oversight to the private equity portfolio companies
- Acquisitions and divestitures, playing a pivotal role in transaction support, for both structuring and tax diligence
- Leading the relationships with tax service partners and acting as primary contact with CRA and foreign tax authorities.
- Reviewing deal-related documentation, financial reporting and financial analysis
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA designation coupled with completion of the In-Depth Tax course
- At least 5 years of corporate tax experience in a national accounting firm or tax department of a major corporation
- International tax planning experience would be an asset in this role
- Must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision with a dynamic, results-oriented small team
- Unwavering integrity and utmost discretion
If you are interested in knowing more, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email