Financial Systems Analyst
Financial Systems Analyst
Reference # AC-13377
Our client is a highly respected international business law firm with offices in Canada and the US. With both an exciting, fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial and team-based culture they take pride and ownership in their work and demonstrate exceptional client service in everything they do.
They are currently seeking a Financial Systems Analyst to join their Financial Services team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for preparing, maintaining and analyzing complex financial data/reports for various stakeholders. This individual will be required to design and create reports within the 3E environment, and act as the firm System Administrator tasked with running all system-related maintenance, reconciliation and troubleshooting tasks. This role is crucial to the day-to-day activities of the firm and will inherit critical financial system and financial reporting functions from senior members of the team.
- Maintain MS Access databases with the aim to reduce dependencies on legacy databases and replace them with 3E reports and databases.
- Prepare, analyze and maintain complex internal management reports (financial and non-financial information) for Finance Managers and Executive & Finance Committees
- Prepare and maintain internal reports for lawyers and respond to ad hoc requests for information.
- Review, validate and/or provide guidance on the interpretation of reports prepared by other Financial Analysts or Junior Financial Analysts
- Develop and maintain reports to analyze key internal metrics to other Administrative groups.
- Provide support to the Financial Accounting team for month end closing processes (system closing tasks and financial package preparation).
- Take ownership in the maintenance of the Financial Accounting/Reporting System (3E) as the System Administrator.
- Lead the setup and day-to-day management of 3E and handle all system-related requests and troubleshooting.
- Build a strong partnership with the IS Group in order co-manage the development queue and development process for new reports in 3E (IDE).
- Manage and lead the development of all reports as required by Finance and other Admin Groups using 3E (IDE).
- Manage the setup of automated notifications and maintain the notification module/software.
- Provide support and backup to other Financial Analysts, Pricing Analyst and Finance Managers.
- Train and mentor Junior Financial Analysts and delegate tasks where appropriate.
Attributes & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Corporate Taxation or Internal Auditing.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Attained a professional accounting designation or in pursuit of designation.
- Experience with Financial System maintenance and data tables, and knowledge of SQL is required.
- Knowledge of MS Access is a significant advantage.
- Strong technical skills with expert knowledge of Excel including pivot tables is required.
- Experience working with Elite E3 Financial System and/or any other complex financial accounting system would be considered an asset
- Familiarity of legal markets and the legal professional services landscape is an asset.
- Strong client service orientation combined with the ability to manage multiple client needs at the same time.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp complex assignments; the aptitude to analyze a variety of considerations, determine what’s important, and assesses possible course of action.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent judgment including the ability to deal with confidential information with utmost discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and deliver within tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" Button below.
For more information please contact Adam Creaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Holly Green at email@example.com.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email